Simple Acts of Kindness to Help Animals in Trouble
Every day, in laboratories, food factories, and other industries, animals by the millions are subjected to inhumane cruelty. In this accessible guide, Newkirk teaches readers hundreds of simple ways to stop thoughtless animal cruelty and make positive choices.
For each topic, Newkirk provides hard facts, personal insight, inspiration, ideas, and resources, including:
• How to eat healthfully and compassionately
• How to adopt animals rather than support puppy mills
• How to make their vote count and change public opinion
• How to switch to cruelty-free cosmetics and clothing
• How to choose amusements that protect rather than exploit animals.
With public concern for the well-being of animals greater than ever—particularly among young people—this timely, practical book offers exciting and easy ways to make a difference.